Friday, January 20, 2012

I know a man, a man with the power....

I've had a few people ask me about the world famous Voodoo Doughnuts. Well, I went there this morning. I walked a mile to get there, got my doughnuts, and walked a mile back home. I could smell the doughnuts two blocks away and there was a line outside the door. Somehow just the name wants you to go a get a doughnut. I wonder if it works with everything. I could open up a sandwich shop called Voodoo Sand-Witch. Or I could have a dog walking service called Voo-Doodoo pick-up.

Ok, so those ideas might not make me a millionaire.



Voodoo Doughnuts are very unique doughnuts. Most doughnut shops have maple bars, but Voodoo Doughnuts have maple bars with bacon on top. Other doughnut shops put sprinkles and nuts on their doughnuts. Voodoo Doughnuts puts cold cereal and candy on top of their doughnuts. They even have a doughnut in the shape of a voodoo doll!

I, of course, had to get a voodoo doll. 

And although I had only planned to get only one doughnut, my eye caught a doughnut with cap'n crunch on top. That is my all time favorite cereal. I like it so much that I never buy it, because if I do then I eat the whole box in one day. So, I got a second doughnut. (It just might be my screen, but these pictures are looking a lot darker then they did in photoshop)


Isn't the voodoo doll so cool? There is even a pretzel  representing a pin in a real voodoo doll! And the voodoo doll is filled with a raspberry filling that gushes out when you bit into it. 

There is something about eating food that have heads. It is just way too tempting to bite their heads off!


So I did.


If that's not enough, they also marry people there. I'm not kidding. They even have different wedding packages. For a price they will make a wedding cake out of doughnuts. Forget Disneyland, I think it is every girl's dream to get married at Voodoo Doughnuts. 

If you would like to see a voodoo wedding there are lots on youtube. Just search voodoo doughnuts wedding.






6 comments:

dixon.mary said...

LOVE THIS POST!!
I wanna voodoo doll doughnut! Can you shove one in an envelope and mail it to me?

Katie said...

Eewww..........
Although something in the back of my mind is singing "It's morbidly delicious!"

Heather Dixon said...

AAAAAAH VOODOO WEDDING CAKE!!

Unknown said...

Mary called me and told me about your blog post and interestingly enough, the FOOD network had a show on Voodoo Dougnuts last night. I asked her if it was the doughnut place that does weddings.

Pics look nice :)

(dark is fine; overexposed milk ends up turning blue)

lilli said...

PAAAAAAHAHAHAHA!! LOVE this post! especially the jelly filling when you bite off the heads :D made my day.

Julie said...

Oh my, jelly filling inside of a voodoo doughnut! That is scary!

Post a Comment