Thursday, February 23, 2012

Portland...gotta love it!

There is a TV show called Portlandia. It's a couple who do a bunch of random skits that show the culture of Portland. You can watch some of their skits on YouTube, and when I first moved here I watched a few of them and laughed and of course assumed that they were exaggerating the truth a bit.
Here is one you need to watch

Funny and ridiculous right? That's what I thought for a while, then one day I was walking down the street and overheard two girls having a similar conversation.

Girl 1: ...and I refused to eat it because they couldn't tell me anything about it. I seriously doubt any of their stuff is local.
Girl 2: I know! That's why you need to try this other place, they do everything local.
Girl 1: Really? Because I refuse to eat any meat unless I know where it's from, what it ate, how it died, and it has to be 100 percent organic and local.
Girl 2: Totally! I can't stand it when....

That's when they turned the corner.

I sat there waiting for the light to turn and wondered how a city not too far on the map seemed like it was from the other end of the universe.

7 comments:

Heather Dixon said...

Lol! You know I would feel weird eating a chicken whose name I knew.

Heather Dixon said...

And, and, and, and andandandandandandand...

dixon.mary said...

Ditto lol!

Love it.

Julie said...

I have to wonder how they could do this skit with a straight face! I know that I couldn't do it. what a hoot!

Robert said...

I wonder if similar conversations happen much at Maddox's in Perry.

Katie said...

Is that a wig? And if so, was it locally grown? Organic???!!!

Darling Bookworm said...

Haha. It would be less trouble just to become vegetarian!

Post a Comment